Tuesday, September 4, 2012

About Me - Introduction

Welcome to my Honors Mosaics I with Dr. Lowe BLOG!

My name is Diana Crespo and I am currently a Sophomore at Temple University. I am from Bensalem, Pennsylvania, about a half an hour away from Philadelphia. I am one of those freaks who finds health and fitness to be über intriguing and therefore I decided to major in Kinesiology. Specifically, I am majoring in Exercise and Sport Science, Pre-Professional. I have a hard time making decisions so I have yet to decide what I would like to do with this choice. However, I would absolutely love to work for professional sports teams or get involved with exercise and sport science research. I'm also considering going to grad school for nutrition or dietetics and becoming a sports nutritionist.

I attended Saint Basil Academy in Jenkintown, PA and graduated in June 2011. SBA is a small, all girls private high school. I loved my time there but was very eager to attend Temple University with 36,000 other students. I love the diversity and getting to know people from around the world and from different cultures is very important to me. My father was born in Portugal and therefore I have visited Europe many times to see family and travel in general. I absolutely adore traveling to other countries and believe everyone should try to have the eye-opening experiences that accompany any out of the country trip. So far I have traveled to Portugal, Spain, England, and Greece. I also am looking forward for a chance to study abroad in Oveido, Spain this summer, which will help complete the requirements for my Spanish Minor.

Finally, I hope to achieve many things by participating in this course. One, that I am able to read and fully appreciate every text we will be working on this semester. Two, to gain better critical reading skills. And three, becoming a more knowledgable student through working with classmates, thoughtful writing approaches, and learning about the past, present, and future of literary Philadelphia and elsewhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment